This post is also available in: Français
How to participate
All you need to enter the contest is a Genealogy Quebec account to which you have logged in at least once between April 29th 2020 and May 13th 2020, 3:00 PM EST. You do NOT need to have an active subscription on the account to be eligible for the contest.
If you do not have an account on Genealogy Quebec, simply create one (no credit card required). This should take you no more than a minute.
10 winners will be drawn at random on May 13th 2020 at 3:00 PM EST.
Make sure the email address associated with your Genealogy Quebec account is valid!
If you are drawn as a winner, you will be contacted via that email address. You will then have up to May 15th at 4:00 PM EST to claim your prize. If necessary, a second draw will take place on May 15th at 4:00 PM EST in order to allocate unclaimed prizes to new winners.
Yearly subscription to Genealogy Quebec (Can$129 value)
An annual subscription to Genealogy Quebec gives you access to the entire website and all its tools and collections for a period of 365 days.
Genealogy Quebec is a subscription-based research website regrouping all the collections and tools developed by the Drouin Institute over the course of its existence.
The website’s 15 tools and collections amount to over 46 million images and files covering all of Quebec as well as parts of the United States, Ontario and Acadia from 1621 to this day. Genealogy Quebec is by far the largest collection of Quebec genealogical and historical documents on the Web.
You will find more information about the website in this blog article.
1000 PRDH-IGD hits (Can$79.99 value)
PRDH-IGD is a directory of ALL vital events (baptisms, marriages and burials) recorded by the Catholic church in Quebec and French Canada from 1621 to 1849, as well as a genealogical dictionary of families. The PRDH-IGD database contains over 2 500 000 records.
What makes PRDH-IGD unique is how these records are connected to one another through genealogical links, which we refer to as Family Reconstructions. In addition to baptism, marriage and burial files, the PRDH-IGD contains individual and family files.
Any individual mentioned in a BMD record from the database is attributed an individual file. Similarly, any married couple mentioned in a BMD record gets their own family file.
PRDH-IGD subscriptions work by using “hits”. These hits are valid for 23 months.
A “hit” is used every time a record certificate, an individual file, a family file or a couple file is viewed. The original search that leads to the result list is free. You will find more information about the structure of the database at this address.
$200 to spend on our online boutique (Can$200 value)
The Drouin Institute online boutique includes all the books and CD-ROMs produced by the Drouin Institute, more than 4,000 items. It also offers directories and books from various historical and genealogical societies in Quebec, Ontario and the United States. You will be free to spend these $200 on any item(s) in the boutique.
- To be eligible for the draw, you must own a Genealogy Quebec account that was either created or logged into between April 29th 2020 and May 13th 2020, 3:00 PM EST.
- This contest ends on May 13th 2020, 3:00 PM EST, at which time the winners will be chosen at random.
- The 10 winners will be contacted by email one hour after the draw (May 13th 2020, 4:00 PM EST), and will have until May 15th 2020, 4:00 PM EST to claim their prize. Once this date has passed, the unclaimed prizes will be the subject of a new draw, and can no longer be claimed by the original winners.
- 48 hours after the initial draw, if necessary, a new draw will be done to award the unclaimed prizes to new winners. They will also have 48 hours to claim their prize. This process will be repeated until the 10 winners have been selected and have received their prizes.
- The 10 winners will be announced publicly on our Facebook page and via our newsletter once the 10 prizes have been distributed.
- Are excluded from this contest: Any employee and representative of the Drouin Genealogical Institute and the people with whom they are domiciled. Any institutional account (library, society, museum, school, etc.).
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
- It is prohibited to create multiple Genealogy Quebec accounts in order to increase your chances of winning the draw. Individuals creating more than one account for this purpose will be disqualified.
- In order to select the 10 winners, a list will be produced from those eligible for the draw. Each individual in this list will be assigned a specific number (1, 2, 3, and so on). A random number generator will be used to generate a list of 10 numbers, and the individuals associated with these numbers will be the winners of the contest.
- A paid subscription to Genealogy Quebec, either current or previously active, is NOT necessary to participate in this contest.
The Drouin team