This post is also available in: Français
The Drouin Institute’s miscellaneous collections contain a mix of images, documents, books, pictures and directories of historical and genealogical significance.
- Fonds d’archive (Archival fonds): Contains various archival fonds obtained from different sources and authors.
- Archives municipales (Municipal archives): Contains the municipal archives of multiple Quebec cities. Can be browsed by city or by type of document.
- Dictionnaire Jetté: The Jetté dictionary is a genealogical dictionary published in 1983. It covers the Quebec population of French origin.
- PRDH: The original 47 PRDH volumes, which contain all Catholic baptisms, marriages and burials from Quebec for the 1621-1765 period. 300 000 records in total.
- Autres documents (Other documents): Contains various archives and documents of historical and genealogical interest.
- Lignes de vie (Lifelines): Contains lifelines organized by family name.
- Journaux anciens (Old newspapers): Contains digitized old newspapers.
- Lignées généalogiques (Genealogical charts): 2358 genealogical charts from the Planète Généalogie website
- Statuts de la province de Québec: A variety of legal documents pertaining to adoptions, name changes and inheritances. The documents are sorted by the subject’s family name.
- Contrats notariés de l’Ontario (Notarized documents from Ontario): 2673 images of notarized documents from the Cornwall region in Ontario, dated from between 1860 and 1990.
- Trois-Rivières (Juridiction): 3909 images of judicial documents (juridiction royale et seigneuriale) from the city of Trois-Rivières from the New-France era, 1655 – 1764.
This section is organized in a file tree. The names of the folders are used to identify and describe their content.
You can browse the Drouin Institute’s miscellaneous Collections with a subscription to Genealogy Quebec at this address.