This post is also available in: Français
This tool contains all of the Great Collections published and edited by the Drouin Institute over the course of its existence.
- Masculine (Men series): Alphabetical directory of all French-Canadian marriages from Quebec between 1760 and 1935, sorted by the groom’s surname.
- Féminine (Woman series): Alphabetical directory of all French-Canadian marriages from Quebec between 1760 and 1935, sorted by the bride’s surname.
- Histor: Directory of marriages files, including the origin of the subjects as well as a marriage contract. This collection covers all of the Catholic and Protestant marriages celebrated in Quebec between 1730 and 1825, as well as marriages celebrated in Western French forts such as Détroit. Also contains Acadian marriages.
- Fiches Acadiennes (Acadian cards): This series contains 50 000 birth, marriage and death files of Acadian individuals.
- Dossiers généalogiques Drouin: Contains the data collected before 1960 by Joseph and Gabriel Drouin in order to create their family genealogies.
- Affinités généalogiques Drouin: Complement to the Dossiers généalogiques Drouin, contains various genealogical and historical documents.
- Petit Drouin: Directory of Quebec Catholic marriages from 1760 to 1825.
- Kardex Noir: The Kardex Noir was the predecessor to La Masculine (Men Series). Its content is similar.
- Prévôté de Québec: Contains transcriptions of Prévôté de Québec hearings.
- DNCF: Contains all of Quebec’s Catholic marriages from 1608 to 1760.
- Patrimoine familial: This series presents the life and genealogy of some famous or significant Quebec historical figures.
- Patrimoine national: Contains baptism, marriage and burial directories as well as some Quebec cemeteries, produced by various authors.
- Fiches franco-américaines (Franco-american files): These files contain an index of people which have been covered in the Guide Officiel Franco-Américain. The Guide Officiel Franco-Américain (GOFA) was a guide published annually in the United States pertaining to French-Americans. It contained short biographies of individuals with French roots living in the United States.
There are 2 tabs in this tool.
Search by family in the Great Collections
The search by family in the Great Collections allows you to search for a surname in one or many of the following collections:
- La Masculine (Men Series)
- La Féminine (Women Series)
- Le Fichier Histor
- Dossiers généalogiques Drouin
- Fiches Acadiennes (Acadian cards)
- Petit Drouin
After searching for a surname, you will obtain a list of results that includes every page where this family name is mentioned in the collections cited above. The results are in the same order in which they appeared when the Great Collections were initially published as books, which means that an individual whose first name begins with A is more susceptible to be on the first few pages than an individual named Zenophile.
In this tab, the collections are organized within a file tree.
Here is a schema explaining the structure of La Masculine (men series) et La Féminine (woman series):
You can browse the Drouin Institute’s Great collections with a subscription to Genealogy Quebec at this address.