This post is also available in: Français
A new archival fonds is now available in the Drouin Miscellaneous Collections, one of the 15 tools offered to GenealogyQuebec.com subscribers.
Roland-Maynard Fonds – Archives and historical photos
The Roland-Maynard Fonds is an archive containing some 8,190 photos and documents of historical and genealogical significance.
It can be browsed in the Drouin Institute’s Miscellaneous Collections tool at this address (subscription required), under the “14 – Fonds d’archives/” folder.
The Drouin Miscellaneous Collections tool is also home to a variety of historical documents and archives such as old newspapers, judicial and municipal archives, digitized photos, and more! A true goldmine for those with a passion for history.
Drouin Institute blog
In case you missed it, here is Marielle Côté-Gendreau’s most recent article, which deals with the the impact of the calendar on the first names of your ancestors: From Pascal to Noël: The impact of the calendar on your ancestors’ names
Genealogy and history fans should find plenty to read on the Drouin Institute’s blog. Here are some of our best articles:
- Understanding the linguistic variation in your ancestors’ names
- French-Canadian “dit names” and nicknames
- What your ancestors can tell you about your life expectancy
- The first French-Canadian centenarians in Quebec
- Quebec mortality rate under the French regime
The Drouin Institute’s blog is also home to many tutorials and guides pertaining to GenealogyQuebec.com and PRDH-IGD.com, which are must-reads if you are to make the most of the websites.
- What is Genealogy Quebec?
- Genealogy Quebec user guide
- Establishing your ancestry and finding your ancestors using Genealogy Quebec
- Detailed guides for every Genealogy Quebec section
- What is the PRDH-IGD?
The Drouin team