This post is also available in: Français
Over 75,000 historical documents have been added to Genealogy Quebec‘s collections.
These include newspapers, directories, obituaries and other documents of historical and genealogical interest.
Trace your ancestors and discover your family history with tens of millions of historical documents on Genealogy Quebec today!
Here is a more detailed overview of the documents added with this update.
Historical newspapers (11,239 documents)
- L’Artisan (Montréal), magazine of the insurance company Société des Artisans Canadiens-Français from 1905 to 1921
- La Revue Moderne (Montréal) from 1920 to 1926
- La Revue Présentine (Saint-Hyacinthe), organ of the Pensionnat de la Maison-Mère de l’Association des Anciennes, from 1932 to 1953
- Le Front Ouvrier (Ottawa) from 1948
- Le Passe-Temps, musical magazine, from november 1946
- Rigolades et Nouvelles (Châteauguay), regional newspaper, from 1956 to 1959
- L’Opinion Publique (Montréal) from 1870 to 1874 and 1878
These newspapers can be consulted in the Drouin Miscellaneous Collections under the folder 23 – Journaux anciens.
City directories (294 documents)
- 1940-1941 Quebec Mining Directory
This directory can be consulted in the City directories tool under the folder Annuaire minier 1940-1941.
Miscellaneous historical documents (2361 documents)
- Miscellaneous documents and newspaper clippings from 1940 to 1990
- Book on the descendants of Napoléon Gareau
You can consult these documents in the Drouin Miscellaneous Collections under the folder 18 – Autres documents.
Archival Fonds (61,000 documents)
- Société de généalogie de Saint-Hubert fonds, containing obituaries and photos of individuals
- Fonds Ronald-Léger, containing images from the newspapers L’Avenir, le Guide and L’Express from 2008 to 2011
- Fonds André-Hurtubise, addition of digitized negatives
- Lavallée fonds from the Centre d’histoire de Saint-Hyacinthe, 17,219 pages of genealogical research by Mr. Lavallée
- Fonds René-Jetté, addition of Fiches René Jetté, nearly 13,000 handwritten records in alphabetical order. Addition of nearly 7,000 additional complementary cards from his research
These archival fonds can be consulted in the Drouin Miscellaneous Collections under the folder 14 – Fonds d’archives.
The Drouin team