The NBMDS tool is an index of Catholic and Protestant baptism, marriage and burial records, most of which are from the province of Quebec. The tool contains over 1.2 million records and is divided in 3 sections; baptisms, marriages, burials.
The regions covered by the tool are:
- The Bas-St-Laurent region (1727 to 2011)
- The Laurentides region (1727 to 2011)
- The Outaouais region (1727 to 2011)
- The Mauricie region, specifically the Shawinigan region (1846 to 1999)
- The city of St-Hubert (1727 to 2011)
The marriage section also contains some 120 000 marriage records from the United
States and Ontario, dated from between the 17th century and the end of the 20th century.
The NBMDS tool’s search engine allows searching for many variables, which makes it tempting to fill as many fields as possible when using the tool. However, we recommend that you keep your initial search as vague as possible, limiting it to surnames and dates, and clarify it as needed by adding one piece of information at a time.