This post is also available in: Français
32,000 new baptism records are now available in the LAFRANCE, one of 15 tools available to Genealogy Quebec subscribers.
These new records are from Acadia and Quebec.
The LAFRANCE contains 11 million birth, marriage and death records from Quebec, Ontario, Acadia and the United States.
These records will allow you to trace your ancestry back all the way to your family’s first immigrants in the region. The LAFRANCE contains:
- Every Catholic marriage from Quebec between 1621 and 1918
- Every Protestant marriage from Quebec between 1760 and 1849
- Every marriage recorded by the Quebec government between 1926 and 1997
- Every Catholic baptism and burial from Quebec between 1621 and 1861
- Every death recorded by the Quebec government between 1926 and 1997
- 1.7 million additional marriages from various sources in Quebec, Ontario, and the USA between 1919 and today
- Tens of thousands of additional records from Quebec, Ontario and Acadia
More information about the LAFRANCE can be found on the Drouin Institute’s blog.
Start discovering your family history with over 100 million historical images and documents on Genealogy Quebec today!
Here are more details about the update:
|Parish||Record type||Min Year||Max Year||Number|
|St-Jean (cathédrale Immaculée-Conception)||b||1841||1861||14154|
|Québec (Anglican, Cathedral Holy Trinity)||b||1796||1861||8072|
|Montréal (Methodist, Saint James)||b||1818||1861||2137|
|Québec (Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist Church)||b||1831||1861||1420|
|St-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Church of England)||b||1817||1861||1033|
|Lachine (Presbyterian, Saint Andrew)||b||1818||1861||501|
|Montréal (Methodist, East-End Lagauchetiere)||b||1831||1861||489|
|Québec (Anglican, Travelling Mission)||b||1826||1848||340|
|Montréal (Congregational, Évangélique Française)||b||1845||1861||158|
|Québec (Congregational Church, Congregational Societies)||b||1838||1861||147|
|Québec (Anglican, Holy Trinity Church)||b||1859||1861||61|
|Montréal (Presbyterian, Côte Saint George)||b||1847||1850||41|
|Montréal (Congregational, United Free)||b||1836||1837||6|
The Drouin team